Friday, January 15, 2010

Driving me crazy

There are many things in the world that drive me crazy.  I am sure that this blog will serve as a place for me to record all of my quirks and irks, so let's get started.

Having the same conversation over and over while the other person either 1. does not remember having the conversation or 2. pretends that they didn't have the conversation.

Let's examine why both reasons drive me crazy...
It is disrespectful to expect me to remember my life and your life.  It is disrespectful to me to have an active conversation with me and not remember it. 

By pretending you didn't have the conversation in total you make me feel like I am re-doing a part of my list that I have already checked off.  You make me feel like I am not important enough to listen to (and remember) when I feel that you are important enough for me to take a minute out of my busy day to tell you about what ever it is.


Am I irrational about some of this... sure!  However, in my mind, when I check things off, I check them off.  I don't want to have the same fricking conversation three times with the same person or three people.  I am a slack catcher.  It drives me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!