Monday, April 25, 2011

easter egg fun

I know this post is a bit late, but I still wanted to share with you what I did for all of my nieces and nephews for Easter. This idea is not original. I found it here.  I filled up my eggs with all kinds of goodies from jelly beans (placed in little plastic bags) to stretchy lizards. I also made sure to tape the egg shut.  I then slapped my labels on them and trotted off to the post office on my lunch break with a co-worker.  I though for sure I would get the evil eye from the post worker, but she didn't bat and eye at the eggs.  When I asked her about it, she said that she has processed a ton of unusual stuff.  She said that one lady came in with a flip flop with a thank you note written on it!  Totally funny and cool as get out.  Any who, my next challenge is to come up with something tiny to send for the 4th of July.  Do you have any ideas?

**** update!   I heard today that the first of my eggs made it to the mailbox.  A super sweet friend of LM's was happy to find this surprise in her mailbox.  Her parents were also super surprised to find this treat in the mailbox.

3 comments:

  1. what was the postage on the eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The postage on the egg depended on the weight. It was anywhere from .85 to 1.17. Expensive for an egg, but worth the coolness of it!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!